The team @ Wakehurst have worked with the Australian Rugby Union (ARU) Touch 7s organisers to get a Touch 7s Tutorial created.
We hope that this will give players and parents and overview of touch 7s before we start our competition.
What are the Rules?
- Seven (7) players (male, female or mixed) in each team
- Touches, not tackles
- Seven (7) touches to score before ball given to opposition
- PASS to a teammate or perform a BALL PLACE once you’re touched.
- PASS – 2 seconds to pass & 2 steps allowed
- BALL PLACE – Defenders have to stand back 5 metres
- When ball goes over the sideline a quick throw takes place
- Kicking allowed in general play (depending on age and skill)
- Turnovers – Ball goes to other team when the attacking team:
- Drops the ball forward
- Does a forward pass
- Uses up their 7 touches